Top Five Takeaways from ‘State of Digital Marketing’ Panel Discussion
NCET always puts on great events, and we were lucky enough to be a part of yet another one last week when we co-hosted the State of Digital Marketing event along with Abbi Whitaker of the Abbi Agency, Erik Newton from BrightEdge, Stacy Kendall from Renown Health and Alice Heiman. The turnout was incredible, with over 200 people taking the time out of their busy schedules to participate in our discussion. For that, I would like to extend a wholehearted ‘thank you’ to all those who attended.
Regardless of whether you were able to attend, I would still like to share a few key takeaways that will help you to grow your digital marketing efforts now and into the future.
As the industry rapidly evolves and we all work hard to stay ahead of the curve, be sure to keep these ideas in mind:
- 51% of the channel traffic to most sites comes from organic search.
- To succeed in SEO, your website must be authoritative, relevant, helpful and technically compliant.
- The customer journey is accelerating. And as people move faster, brand loyalty decreases. Winning the micro-moments is what counts and requires you to be both visible and low friction.
- Update your homepage, on average, once every six months, including the headline, images and testimonials. But remember, refreshing your homepage does not translate into a full redesign. Remain consistent while staying fresh.
- Blog posts should be 1000 to 1500 words and contain three images and a video link, if available.
Photo courtesy of Frank Tag Haxton