Technical Director of Web Development for Digital Marketing Agency
Noble Studios, a leading creative digital performance marketing agency, is seeking an experienced technical leader that is excited to lead in an integrated team environment where creativity and performance intersect. This position can be located in our Reno headquarters or Las Vegas office, or in hybrid/remote capacity within the United States for the right candidate.
Noble's "Technical Director" is responsible for providing leadership of Noble’s Technical Services department, ensuring the success of the development of advanced websites and web applications. This individual will facilitate the growth of all members of the Technical Services team, including Associate Technical Directors and Senior Developers.
Our Technical Director is Noble Studios’ advocate and expert on the latest technologies in the industry and works with Associate Technical Directors to keep our digital marketing agency up-to-date through organization-wide implementation and adoption as needed.
This role works closely with the VP of Creative and Technology and other service-line directors to ensure Noble Studios consistently delivers best-in-class products. This leadership position is responsible for directing overall technical strategy and successful outcomes, ensuring best practices and high-attention to detail from strategy to completion.
This is a “hands-on” leadership position. Our Technical Director is responsible for accurate technical scoping and auditing of advanced development projects, can dive in both client and server-side environments to help solve team members' advanced development challenges as needed, and ensure end-to-end quality deliverables with oversight and mentorship. This leader has great communication skills for both technical and non-technical internal stakeholders and enterprise-level clients alike.
- Reporting to the VP of Creative and Technology, the Noble Studios Technical Director is responsible for the Technical Services department’s morale, effectiveness, profitability, and professional growth of team members while ensuring the team consistently delivers best-in-class websites and web applications
- Lead teams of developers in the architecture and build of complex websites and web experiences on both client and server-side environments, ensuring best practices with high-attention to detail from strategy to build, to QC, and launch
- In addition to leading the Technical Services team, provide mentorship for extra departmental team members
- Provide regular support for the sales team and project teams to estimate and scope large and complex development projects
- Cross-department teamwork will happen on a regular basis and it is the duty of the Technical Director to influence standards and procedures that help maintain a healthy interaction between the Technical Services department and other departments
- Define the technological strategy in conjunction with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, risk areas, and key development procedures
- Assess technical risk and mitigation plans for both internal and external projects
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the engineering discipline via thought leadership and mentorship
- Ensure Noble Studios’ tech-stack, engineering best practices and standards remain relevant and cutting-edge for best-in-class products
- Juggle personnel, administrative responsibilities, and project work under high pressure situations
- Work closely with Associate Technical Directors to evaluate the team performance: identifying strengths, and opportunities and develop plans for improving performance
- Work closely with hiring team to evaluate and interview candidates for technical positions
- Manage implementation of department initiatives and code libraries that align with the company’s overall strategy and best interests
- Work directly with internal Directors, Managers, Executives on resource allocation and strategy
- Code-based and interactive portfolio is required for consideration. Please provide your Github account and portfolio website link.
- At least five years digital agency hands-on experience developing modern web experiences for large, complex websites and web applications.
- At least five years leadership experience leading technical teams in a formal capacity at a leading digital agency.
- Experience providing code reviews, coaching, and mentorship to experienced developers on a regular basis.
- Expert ability in owning the technical strategy of complex websites and web applications and oversee the end-to-end execution, working hands-on as needed.
- Expert experience with information and website architecture.
- Deep experience with both waterfall and agile project flow methodologies.
- Deep experience with design patterns and software architecture patterns.
- Deep understanding of WCAG accessibility compliance, privacy laws, and modern SEO best practices.
- Ability to implement performance and accessibility standards as well as audit complex websites and web applications.
- Manages priorities under high pressure situations.
- Proven success building existing technology partner relationships to grow further opportunities.
- Experience with content management systems, e-commerce systems, enterprise resource planning systems and customer relationship management systems.
- Excellent communication skills and strong business acumen, demonstrating proficiency in verbal and written English; ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- In depth familiarity with all products and services Noble Studios offers, from technical services strategy to performance marketing and creative services, is preferred.
- DevOps experience is desirable.
- Experience with payment processing, encryption, API integration and external services is helpful.
- Remote working experience in a leadership capacity is ideal.
- Ability to pass a company background check and provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. on start date. No sponsorship is available for this position.
- Ability to work full-time, primarily during Noble's core business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time.
What’s in It for You
- The opportunity to work on some of the most innovative Fortune 500 clients in the world.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Smart, fun, innovative co-workers to learn from.
- The chance to work for a purpose-driven, industry-leading agency: Noble is one of Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Companies with a room full of awards for our work, business acumen and culture.
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.