Associate Director for SEO (Performance Marketing)
Noble Studios is seeking a highly technically expert Associate Director of SEO to help lead our Performance Marketing team. In this role, you will contribute heavily to the development, growth, and implementation of Noble Studios' SEO, Search, and Analytics services. You will be responsible for training and managing junior to mid-level Performance Marketers to deliver industry-leading digital marketing services which are highly relevant and impactful to Noble’s clients and the industry verticals we hold most sacred.
Reporting directly to the Vice President or Director of Performance Marketing, you will have direct accountability for the performance of your team, client KPIs and the quality of client deliverables performed and delivered. You will also play a role in delivering leadership and strategy on key client accounts. A thought leader in SEO, you will also need to build an understanding of all areas within the agency and Performance Marketing to be a good advisor to staff, deliver proper professional development and be an adequate holistic strategist and problem solver. In this leadership level position, you will be the go-to visionary for SEO for your service lines and work closely with your team, cross-disciplinary service line team members, and other directors and associate directors to meet and/or exceed client KPI goals.
The Associate Director of SEO will be responsible for the strategy and execution of Performance Marketing for some of our largest accounts and also help to spearhead methodologies of the Performance Marketing team and your team’s adherence to those methodologies. You will also lead professional development for coordinators and junior to mid-level Performance Marketing staff and play a mentorship role for your service line, for not only the Performance Marketing team, but also other Noble team members.
- Lead and train coordinators, junior and mid-level staff on SEO, Search, and Analytics best practices & strategies within the Performance Marketing team
- Work with the VP and/or Director of Performance Marketing to provide thought leadership, innovation, process improvement initiatives to Noble Studios and its clients
- Responsible for the strategic direction of Search and Analytics of key Noble clients and assist with others as time allows
- Model the way for the Performance Marketing and pod teams to stay on top of search and analytics industry changes, and trends
- Effectively prioritize your own and your team’s efforts to focus on delivering the most impactful tasks within client SOWs and perform and/or assist in reporting program results and data analysis for Noble’s key clients
- Work directly with partners like Google, BrightEdge, SEMrush and Conductor to find the best ways to deliver results to our ever-growing client base
- Assist in maintaining Noble’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long-lasting client relationships and encouraging the Performance Marketing team to do the same
- Work with the VP and/or Director of Performance Marketing to conduct annual reviews and create annual goals and development plans for your Performance Marketing team members and identify necessary training and education to enhance professional growth, contribution and job satisfaction
- Oversee as the strategic consultant in the onboarding high-profile accounts they manage with performance marketing service lines within their SOW
- Perform and/or review and approve quarterly and annual marketing strategy for high-profile accounts
- As needed, identify new talent opportunities and work to bring on the best potential team members and service partners
- Oversee the selection and adoption of new marketing technologies and services for use with clients
- Support the pitch team (as needed) in collaboration with the Director of Performance Marketing to build pitch decks and performance marketing solutions for potential clients.
- Seek, grow and maintain great relationships with Performance Marketing vendors specific to areas of service specialty
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or similarly related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience in digital performance marketing
- Proven experience leading several high-level executions of SEO strategies and services to scale
- Extensive hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, and SEO Tools & Platforms such as SEMrush, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
- Strong personal working knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing and how to integrate SEO to support them
- Basic HTML and CSS competency, and the ability to specify technical changes to technical and creative development teams
- Well-rounded communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external teams and business groups
- Proven record of negotiating and overseeing budgets including marketing, staffing, media, service partners, and technology platforms
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage, mentor and inspire direct reports and create a supportive work environment leading to professional growth
- Working knowledge of SEM, social media, display advertising, mobile marketing platforms, email marketing, and conversion rate optimization and well-versed in SEO and Analytics
- Advanced user experience with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel
- Ability to pass company background check
What’s in It for You
- The opportunity to work on some of the most innovative Fortune 500 clients in the world.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Smart, fun, innovative co-workers to learn from.
- The chance to work for a purpose-driven, industry-leading agency: Noble is one of Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Companies with a room full of awards for our work, business acumen and culture.
Noble Studios embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity. Job applicants at Noble Studios are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.